Compelling candidates will have experience managing public services for a large library and at least 5 years of experience managing those who supervise other staff or students. Candidates should demonstrate expertise in leadership, a dedication to service and the ability to foster collaboration among stakeholders. Additionally, candidates should have:
- Extensive knowledge of library systems involved in providing service to users.
- Experience implementing a portfolio of services that support the entire research lifecycle.
- History of overseeing technology-enabled services.
- Expertise in team management and program design.
- Demonstrated interest in staff development.
- Proven track record of building, leading, motivating, and assessing large-scale, diverse teams, including both junior and more experienced professionals.
- Demonstrated ability to hold employees accountable for individual results and drive overall effectiveness of the unit in fulfilling the University's educational mission.
- Extensive experience gathering and using data for decision-making and assessment.
- A master's degree in Library Science or equivalent is required.
- Effective in communicating with leadership, faculty, staff, students, and other community members.
- Imaginative problem-solver.
- The AUL will contribute to an environment that encourages diversity, equity, and inclusion. She/he must have command of cultural sensitivity and must value and embrace cultural, political, and social differences.
Applications should include a resume, cover letter, and contact information for at least three references. The search will be carried out with full confidentiality; candidates will be notified before references are contacted. To be considered for this position, all applicants must apply through the UVA Workday portal at https://uva.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/UVAJobs/job/Charlottesville-VA/Associate-University-Librarian-for-Research---Learning-Services_R0008894.
For confidential inquiries or to nominate someone for this opportunity, please contact AJ Davidson, Senior Search Consultant with the University of Virginia’s Executive Search Group, at email@example.com.
The University of Virginia is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply.